broken filters in words

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Dec 2 08:32:56 GMT 2011

In Words, the following filters are broken because they convert to/from the old kwd format which was removed. They are still installed, though, and appear in the file dialog as options (and then don't work...)

palmdocexport
palmdocimport
wmlexport
wmlimport
oowriterexport
oowriterimport
mswriteimport
mswriteexport
docbookexport
wpimport
wpexport
rtfexport
asciiexport
amiproexport
amiproimport
htmlexport
abiwordimport
abiwordexport
lateximport
latexport
starwriterimport
htmlimport
dcmimport

At the very least, we shouldn't install them -- but should we compile them at all? Should the code even remain in the repositories? We've seen with doc, rtf and html that if we want to reinstate support for broken file formats, that we usually rewrite the complete filter

Some of the broken formats, like ms-write are also listed in Words' desktop file:

MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template;application/msword;application/rtf;text/plain;application/x-mswrite;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template;

X-Calligra-DefaultMimeTypes=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text,application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template,application/msword,application/rtf,text/plain,application/x-mswrite,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template

--
Boudewijn Rempt