User interface issues

Jan Hambrecht jaham at gmx.net
Tue Aug 23 10:05:42 BST 2011

On 23.08.2011 10:43, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> * Selecting a shape is quite difficult. Depending on the active tool, a click can select a shape, manipulate a shape or do nothing. One proposal is to show a border on hover that when clicked will always select the shape and that will allow basic manipulation such as dragging and changing geometry.

Unfortunately it's not that easy as it sounds. If I edit a control point
of a path shape which happens to be on top of another shape, I don't
want to accidentally hit that magic border of the other shape and select
that.
Or the case where there are several shapes on top of each other, editing
one of them would show all selection borders of all these shapes?
So we have to keep in mind, that shapes are not always nicely separated
from each other.

Ciao Jan