Review Request: Add svg support to the flake library

Jan Hambrecht jan.hambrecht at gmx.net
Sun Aug 21 15:34:29 BST 2011

On Sunday 21 August 2011 16:13:13 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 21 August 2011 Aug, Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> > > Does the VectorShape load svg content?
> >
> > There are actually 2 shapes advertizing themselves as reading anything
> > having a mimetype starting with image. That being the picture shape and
> > the vector shape. But neither of them is able to load svg I think.
> > Support fo svg in the vector shape could probably added very easily
> > though.
> Yes... but if the vectorshape loads the svg, the svg is editable, right? The
> vector shape is meant for those things which nobody can really edit, like
> svm files.

No, when the svg should be edited, the SvgShapeFactory should be used to load
the svg. This will produce individual flake shape which are added to the
document and can be edited normally.
The question is if applciations like words want to handle embedded svg content
like an image and not bother to edit the sg content.

Ciao Jan