Snapshot 4 features

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Aug 20 09:16:01 BST 2011

On Tuesday 16 August 2011 Aug, Inge Wallin wrote:
> new snapshot; new call for features
>
> So, dear maintainers, what changed in *your* application this time?
>
> One thing I will definitely mention in the announcement is the new slides
> sorter and handler of custom presentations in Stage.  What other major
> improvements do we have?

Here's Krita's list:

* fix lots of bugs. Sven Langkamp definitely is the Champion Bug Killer with Adam Celarek putting in many fixes for the color selector.
* show the whole image fit to page after crop (our most hated bug!)
* new curve brush engine by Lukáš Tvrdý, replacing the old curve engine
* Added an Image Docker to manage reference images you use while painting by Silvio Heinrich
* Added support for resource tagging using Nepomuk (the GIMP-compativle XML file format is still supported as well) by Srikanth Tiyyagura
* new artistic color selector by Silvio Heinrich
* support drag and drop of images in Krita. You can drag between instances of Krita, Gimp, Firefox, dolphin or anything that provides images or urls on the clipboard (Boudewijn Rempt)
* Krita now sports a flashy new splash screen (Boudewijn Rempt)
* Add a new Text Tool: you can now create an editable text object using a tool from the toolbox, not just by dragging a text shape from the docker. (Sven Langkamp)
* New algorithm to paint brush outlines (Sven Langkamp)
* Separate full-screen and show-canvas-only modes
* You can now use the channels docker to apply a filter only on a subset of the channels of a layer
* Fix the sorting of channels in the channels docker
* Make the fastcolortransfer filter not crash
* Improve the preset selector strip (Jose Luis Vergara)
* Move child layers and masks when moving a layer or a layer group
* Jose Luis Vergara also made the layerbox much more usable when working with a tablet and stylus

--
Boudewijn Rempt