Season of Usability project

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 16 10:19:11 BST 2011

On Tuesday 16 August 2011 Aug, Duane Phinney wrote:
> On 08/16/2011 03:54 AM, C. Boemann wrote:

> >> What about broadening it a bit to "how to insert shapes ?". That would
> >> cover the defaults, how to make custom shapes and the distinction between
> >> tools and the add shape docker.
> >>
> >> I feel that just the "default" is a bit small for the project, and since we
> >> have identified more problems related to that, we could solve all of them
> >> together.
> > fine with me
>
> I keep reading these mails on fixing obscure stuff, why is it that no
> one thinks that it would be advisable to get the basics right first?
> Bug report 275597

But actually inserting shapes isn't obscure stuff, it's the basics of working with calligra. As for this bug report -- Bug 275597 - segfault when inserting endnote/footnote - calligra-words ver 2.4 alpha1 -- I know that someone is working on footnotes/endnotes in a separate branch: origin/words-references-notes-erione.

It's of course pretty bad that crashes like these persist for so long, and I am really sorry your bug report got no attention, but footnotes and endnotes are rather special in that they have been heavily hit by the rewriting of the text layout engine, which is still being worked on every day.

--
Boudewijn Rempt