Plasma Active Roadmap

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Aug 12 11:01:45 BST 2011

Hi,

Calligra Active is a subset of Plasma Active. Following discussions with Aaron, we decided to sit down and make kind of a roadmap with prioritized features for Calligra Active. I'll add it to the community wiki as well.

After discussion with the maintainer, Shantanu, we arrived at this:

Mission statement:

The first release of Calligra Active will be a capable, performant document, finger-friendly viewer for tablets that can pan and zoom smoothly and display office documents but not PDF.

For the first release (with Calligra 2.4), open tasks are:

    * integreation with the desktop search system
    * include a presentation mode (needs some hacking in stage itself to reuse stage's presentation mode)
    * support search
    * support select
    * support copy

Long term goals are:

    * support PDF (unless plasma active already has a finger-friend pdf viewer, we intend to use the same frontend for finding documents, and poppler for display)
    * support editing of text
    * support editing of graphics

--
Boudewijn Rempt