Text layout has landed

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Thu Apr 28 15:41:30 BST 2011

Hello,

On Thursday, April 28, 2011 13:26:22 C. Boemann wrote:
> The text layout branch has landed in master
>
> Please continue work in master or your own branches from now on!

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed on how this thing went. I think for
features big as that and which affecting all applications we should have
reviews as agreed and we should follow these procedures.
Also when asking people for opinion on the mailing list we should try to find a
consensus. Maybe not all will like the result but why ask first and then
nevertheless go on without taking into account what people answer.
Merging such a big change only 2.5 hours there was a mail about what people
think is not the nicest thing to do.

Would it be possible to get the diff that was applied as patch on reviewboard
so that people can do a post review?

I hope we can fix the most stuff e.g. hanging/crashes/ not yet working features
in the remaining time and I will do my best to help with it. But I think also
everybody should test the stuff we have now and report problems so that as much
cane be fixed until the snapshot will be tagged.

Thorsten