Branding Calligra's QML UI as Calligra Active

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:22:14 BST 2011

The two things I needed to copy were -

1. the functions which detect presentation types from extensions, I think
these should be static in KOAbstraction.
2. the code which opens the documents (create a kodocument, do canvas magic
etc), sharing this wouldn't be straightforward as its different in QWidget
and QML scenarios

Currently I'm having my exams, will be free from Sunday, will continue
working. Till then Thorsten has promised that he will look into why the
presentation code doesn't actually show any slides.

Cheers,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:

> On 26 April 2011 09:34, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 April 2011 Apr, Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> >> So to be clear, can the QML UI be built using KoAbstraction? The reason
> is
> >> that I am already copying a lot of code from it, given that
> KoAbstraction
> >> only helps to create QWidget based UIs (correct me if I am wrong).
> >
> > That sounds like there's a design problem somewhere, if you have to copy
> code. But as far as I can tell, the koabstraction interface is fixed on
> QWidget indeed.
>
> Shantanu,
> I propose that we work on extending the API to non-QWidget use cases.
> As very first step just tell me what code you needed to copy.
>
> --
> regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
>  http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
>  Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
>  KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com