Announcement draft

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Apr 26 17:20:49 BST 2011

On 26 April 2011 16:06, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 16:00:52 Inge Wallin wrote:
>> Here is a first draft of the announcement of snapshot 1.  I have already
>> had some feedback from Cyrille that I incorporated.
>>
>> Please comment on the overall structure (is this what we want to focus on?)
>> as well as the actual content.  Also remember that this is a first draft
>> that will be polished over the next few days.
>>
>> When we have the screenshots and visual tour on the website, I will also
>> add references to those.
>>
>>       -Inge
>
> Based on feedback from my first draft, I have embellished it a bit.  Here is a
> longer version. :-P

Nice work!
First, one thing: I'd like to propose to have two messages: to users
and developers. Only the latter would mention GUI/engine separation
and stuff like that. If we start doing the separation for any
announcement, we can escape from the 'geek' area.
Simple test: just give the text to read to your family and see what's
a like black magic to them, then improve incrementally.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek