Branding Calligra's QML UI as Calligra Active

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Apr 21 10:54:28 BST 2011

On 21 April 2011 09:35, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 April 2011, Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
>> Right now my code is not that modular, and I plan to do that once I
>> understand how to properly use Calligra libs.
>> Once that is done, we can have different UIs for different form factors.
>> But anyway, even if we have a mobile version for now,
>> for Active, its better than nothing.
> Not being strictly modular now is fine :) Especially since your project is
> exploratory, and after all, the "calligra/active/lib" can start by being empty
> (or contains only koabstraction library), and then when there is more common
> code it get moves from the mobile subdirectory to the relevant library.

Some notes:
If I undestand correctly, neither 'Mobile' code for calligra is
conceptually subset of Active nor the other way round.

Where's KoAbstraction in this?
KoAbstraction (or however it will be named) shall contain parts that
are dependencies of some Calligra apps; apps that are willing to
interact with other Calligra apps, e.g. Words<->Tables bridge. This is
second purpose of KoAbstraction, I discussed with Inge in Berlin
(let's not go too off-topic though). The first is a tool for creating
custom office apps 'in minutes'. So KoAbstraction is part of desktop
too.
In particular I'd like to see usage of features delivered by Calligra
apps in Kexi through KoAbstraction's facades only, without linking to
internal or too low-level libraries of particular apps.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek