GSoC 2011 - Map Browser elements for Kexi Forms, Reports and Calligra

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Apr 8 19:08:39 BST 2011

On 8 April 2011 19:21, Radosław Wicik <radoslaw at wicik.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
> as I've already said I'm going to do some magic with Marble maps in
> Calligra starting form Kexi and finishing on flake shape.
>
> I was suggested "why don't you try GSoC", so last night (and today
> morning) I was preparing appropriate proposal. As far as I know it is a
> little to late change something (although I see that Update is still
> available).
> So going to the point, here you go, link to proposal.
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/rwicik/1
>
> P.S. Of course Kexi maps will go on regardless of GSoC more or less in
> the direction show on proposal.

Great!
While forms and reports map element is rather kexi feature, planning
the detailed feature set and requirements for map Flake shape will be
something interesting for all Calligra apps, thus I think wider
cooperation can happen :)

For interested, this page is the origin of the proposal from my side
http://community.kde.org/Kexi/Junior_Jobs/Map_Browser_Form_Widget. For
GSoC the requirements were extended with reports element and flake
shape.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek