Google Summer of Code Projects

Pierre Stirnweiss pstirnweiss at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:33:01 BST 2011

> > I've worked a lot with C/C++ and Java and have dabbled in Qt, but I've
> done
> > GUI design with Java Swing. The project that really interested me was
> > Implementing notes-support because I use notes/comments a lot in other
> > software that I use and think that it is a project within my experience
> > level to make a difference on.
>
> The notes project is indeed plenty interesting. And we would love to see
> you start hacking on it. But it is _really_ late to start writing a proposal
> and work together with us to refine it to something that stands a chance in
> the competition with other projects. It's not too late to do the same for
> the Season of KDE project, or to just get started. We help everyone, whether
> they are gsoc students or not, just join us on #calligra and we can get you
> started.

For having worked a bit on it last year, I can tell you that there currently
are some hindrances in the relationship between KoCanvasControler/KWCanvas.
It mainly concerns the pages. There would be ways to get around these, but
at the expense of making it a Words only feature. Furthermore, this area is
being/will very soon be redesigned by Sebastian/Casper.
This is indeed a very interesting project. A very important one too, because
I'd need this for the review tool / change tracking notes.

Pierre