Suite version number

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 7 19:50:50 BST 2011

Hi,

We have discussed the possible version number for the first real release of Calligra a bit, wavering between 2.4 (because the gui is not yet done) or 3.0 (because of the new text engine). But I recently thought:

"Why not 1.0?"

There are many excellent reasons for using 1.0:

* it's the first release as Calligra, not KOffice
* we're making a clean break anyway
* it's very much a 1.0 level product, feature-wise

Of course, this has implications for the numbering of our snapshots as well, so we need to decide about this before the first snapshot release in 2 weeks and one day...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org