GSoC import and export pdf files

Diego Turcios diegoturciostc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:45:57 BST 2011

Hi
I am finishing to write my GSoC [0]application. I still have some
doubts, I will you to help me.
First: I read the old code of calligra 1.6, and I think that the best
way to begin the project in the import part it will be to use the two
classes that were on the 1.6 version (pdfdocument and pdfimport), and
rewrite them, by replacing any xpdf references for poppler references.

Second:
 I am reading the new code of calligra and I am seeing some interesting things.
 There is a script that converts text to pdf "kwreportlab.py" I
supposes that the idea of this project is to stop using this script
that uses reportlab.com technology is going to change, instead for
some code written in Qt c++?? Or it is going to continue using the
same format?

Thanks for your time
--
Diego Turcios