Progress on OOo GDI Metafile

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 20:32:22 BST 2011

On 6 April 2011 20:54, Pierre <pinaraf at pinaraf.info> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2011 11:24:26 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
>> On Wednesday 06 April 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> > But we can't we use QSvgGenerator to get option of conversion to svg?
>>
>> Well that was what I was thinking. If it is possible to generate a svg out
>> of the svm, then you can write a QImageIOPlugin using QSvg module. So my
>> suggestion would be, either:
> Yes, using QSvgGenerator, that's planned... But I must get a fully operationnal
> parser first...
>> * to create a library that transform it to SVG
>> * or a library that takes a QPainter, and then you can paint directly to an
>> image, widgets, QGraphicsItem, flake shape or to SVG.
> Yeah, I'm just wondering what's the best way to integrate that with Calligra ?

I think the second approach makes your function work well with
whatever is the base UI framework (QWidget, GraphicsView/QML). And
offers quality printing. Conversion to SVG is then possible too,
though as always depends on quality and accuracy of the Qt SVG
Generator (which may be not an issue).

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek