Moving to git

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Nov 29 15:42:37 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Cyrille Berger Skott
<cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Monday 29 November 2010, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> For a review and testing inside Nokia we need to get KOffice in a really
>> good shape for the end of next week. The review will be based on the Essen
>> branch and we're under some pressure so it would be great if we can work
>> uninterrupted this and the coming week including the weekend.
>>
>> The move to git might be disruptive so we'd like to ask whether it's
>> possible to postpone moving to git to be after the 5th of december.
>
> To take into consideration as well:
>
> on the pro side: it would allow us to give more time to the new name
> announcement and to sync the new repository and the announcement
> on the con side: it means two migrations of main development branch, one fron
> trunk to koffice-essen, and then five days later to git.

Wouldn't the same logic that dictate a delay in the git migration mean
the branch migration should be delayed as well?

As far as the logistics of the git migration are concerned, it doesn't
really make much difference. I would prefer to do it on the weekend
though, so if we don't want to do it this Sunday, then Dec 11 or 12
would be the better time.

Ian