Naming of the 5 office apps

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Sat Nov 27 09:41:46 GMT 2010

Torsdag 25 november 2010 22:47:44 skrev Inge Wallin:
> On Tuesday, November 23, 2010 16:51:15 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
(...)
> Personally, I am really happy with the name Calligra for our suite (thanks,
> Myriam). If we can come up with similarly good names for the individual
> applications, I think we have a good chance to use this as leverage in the
> future.
>
> Now, regarding the names that Casper suggested, I'm afraid that I also
> don't feel they are the best we can come up with -- perhaps with the
> exception of Compute. I'm not really good at this myself, but here are
> some suggestions to spark the imagination:
>
> KWord - Column, Compose, Essay, Script, Journal, Prose, Type
> KSpread - Count, Figures (too close to Numbers?), Tally, Prime, Optimus
> KPresenter - Convince, Convey, Assert, Spotlight (my favourite of these),
> Underscore, Enlight
> KPlato - Concoct :-), Procedure, Plan, Scheme (perhaps not :-) ), Agenda,
Out of these Plan would have my vote if it does not give other problems.
Keeping things simple and to-the-point is often best.
> Roadmap
> Kexi - Data, Entry,  Facts, Digest -- or just keep Kexi; it's unique
> enough.
>
> One thing we could do is to stay with the C theme and use Calligra Column,
> Calligra Count and Calligra Convince.  That's why I put them first in the
> list even though I don't like them best everywhere.
Yes well, finding good names for all apps starting with C would imho be
(almost) impossible!
Seaching a bit for a project planning/management tool name I quickly found
that all obvious and a lot of not-so-obvious names were already taken.

OTOH I'm not a stickler for names. For me anything (ehh most) goes.
--
Mvh.
Dag Andersen