New helper program proposal: calligra

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Dec 22 15:51:52 GMT 2010

On 22 December 2010 16:05, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For sake of clarity, since I haven't seen your commit (might just be lack of
> time ;P), I don't have an objection to this :)

OK, I'll have to contribute then :)

> However, is "calligra" the most
> appropriate choice, between "calligra" and "calligra-open" (or "csopen") ?

I am 100% with Johannes here.

+ a brain dump:

It's not clear how the shell would look and behave. There's quite
clear duplication of task manager and window manager, unless e.g. we
invent something like bundled packages of multiple ODF docs.
GUIs like MS Binder are so old fashioned (yes I am looking at kdepim
too...). Maybe QML will come to the resque (but only for moder look),
that's not an issue now.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek