New helper program proposal: calligra

Johannes Simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:28:38 GMT 2010

To me it would make sense to have both of these functionalities combined in one program instead of splitting them into separate programs. "calligra /some/document.odt" could, for example, open the file in Words, and just "calligra" would then open the shell that lets you choose an application from the suite. There's no context in which a calligra-open with no argument could do something useful except showing the help, so combining both seems like the right thing here. As a matter of fact, this is exactly what the helper program 'soffice' does.