Braindump and calligra

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sun Dec 19 17:58:58 GMT 2010

Hi,

I would like Braindump to be included in calligra. For those who don't know or
have forgotten, Braindump is a rich notes taking application based on flake
(better described in [2]). Its code is currently living in [1].

It is currently shipped stand alone. I had like to include it in calligra, for
the following reasons:

* convenience, as flake's API change, braindump tends to lag behind, I also
tend to forget to do releases after major koffice/calligra releases, making
the lag even worse, and releasing translation is a bit painfull, I had rather
do once for calligra, rahter than twice
* increased potential user base, I don't think there are much packages of
braindump, making it very invisible to users, being part of calligra would
increase the visibility of braindump
* I also think that braindump will gives value to calligra users, and would
fit well in our current offering

With braindump, apart from the main applications, comes two shapes, a web
shape (that basically embedd a web page in a document) and a state shape (that
show checked/unchecked or progress).

So I would like to know what you guys thinks about having braindump inside
calligra ? Any thoughts, or objections ?

[1] http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/berger/braindump.git
[2] http://blog.cberger.net/2010/03/18/braindump-0-8-0-2/

--
Cyrille Berger Skott