Ascii Import Filter

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:28:15 GMT 2010

2010/12/10 Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>:
> On Friday 10 December 2010, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:

>> > Well, I I'm not sure about the the 40 characters limit, but
>> > the empty line is probably the only useful option actually!
>> > It's the one I use when I have to convert prose written in
>> > an editor or a gutenberg document to a wordprocessing
>> > document because there paragraphs are separated by a newline.
>> >
>> > Take a look at the previous paragraph: onlye the empty line
>> > method will correctly convert those five lines into a paragraph.
>>
>> Yeah the empty line makes sense. Should I add a option for thead instead of 3?
>>

> I seem to vaguely remember the 40 characters thing from WordPerfect, it might have some ancient pedigree and be very useful, but for me, the empty line option is essential. So having that would be great.

+1

I do the same as boud when I want to write something up in Vim and
then get it into a WP; use blank lines as para separators. That way
they stand out more when working on the plain text document than if
you would use soft line breaks. So I'd really like to have this
option. Don't care about the 40 char thing though, sounds obscure ;)

Elvis