Words online meetings next week

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:21:33 GMT 2010

2010/12/9 C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk>:
> Hi fellow Words developers
>
> On Monday (and possibly the following days too) next week at 20:00 CET we will
> be having a meeting about the future of Words.

Exciting!

> The meeting will be in persons for several of us who are gather (for other
> reasons) in Helsinki, plus Pierre D. via skype.
>
> If anyone else like Pierre St., Elvis, etc would like to join then please mail
> me so we can check the skype setup beforehand.

As I have absolutely no time for anything but studies at the moment
(and probably for quite a while), I don't see any value in me taking
part in the meeting.

That said, I'm of course very interested in the outcome. Will there be
any minutes from the meeting, or will someone do a write-up of what is
decided/discussed? On the pad?

> We will also use a collaborative pad to write on.
>
> The agenda for the Monday meeting is mostly about setting the direction of
> Words development.
>
> I also have a 7 step plan on how to refactor the textlayout engine. The engine
> right now is severely limited, and convoluted. This plan I'll introduce along
> with a description of why I think it's needed.

This is very interesting, as the memories of my small foray into that
area of the code are all but pleasant. So very interested in hearing
about how this progresses.

Anyway, hope you guys have a nice and productive meeting.

Elvis