Words online meetings next week

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Thu Dec 9 13:13:51 GMT 2010

Hi fellow Words developers

On Monday (and possibly the following days too) next week at 20:00 CET we will
be having a meeting about the future of Words.

The meeting will be in persons for several of us who are gather (for other
reasons) in Helsinki, plus Pierre D. via skype.

If anyone else like Pierre St., Elvis, etc would like to join then please mail
me so we can check the skype setup beforehand.

We will also use a collaborative pad to write on.

The agenda for the Monday meeting is mostly about setting the direction of
Words development.

I also have a 7 step plan on how to refactor the textlayout engine. The engine
right now is severely limited, and convoluted. This plan I'll introduce along
with a description of why I think it's needed.

But let me say it right now that I and Pierre D as maintainers are going to be
rather open as to what all of you want to work on and how. ODF support is
naturally a Calligra priority, along with good and intuitive editing of those
features.

As said we may want to hold meetings again on Tuesday so we can get to the
bottom of design discussions etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Let's together make Words a truly awesome word processor :)

Casper Boemann