FAQ Page introduced

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed Dec 8 10:33:01 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 08 December 2010, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Hi,
> Added http://community.kde.org/Calligra/FAQ
>
> (and updated a few things at http://community.kde.org/Calligra,
> including s/KOffice/Calligra)
I would be tempted to add a "Who" section. It seems important to me as a
certain person has been presenting himself as "the last standing non-payed
community member" [1]. And a quick count shown me that there were at least 10
unpayed members (only counting developers), without including people who
contribute in their free time while also being payed.

For me the "who" section would countains something like:

"The Calligra community is made by volunteers and payed developers that are
treated equally, and judge for their actual contributions to the community. We
thrive at enabling people to come and work with us, no matter what is their
primary focus and reasons for joining us."

Also for the supported platform, I would emphazie that anyone wanting to
contribute to an other platform is very welcomed to come and help.

I would also add a form factor section:
"What devices ?
We are hoping to see Calligra being available on a wide range of devices:
desktop, laptop, mobile phones, tablets... Right now the community is focused
on desktop and mobile applications. The desktop version is mostly the effort
of the volunteers members, while the mobile version is an effort sponsored by
Nokia. However, due to the modular aspect of Calligra, most of the code and
effort is shared."

[1] http://identi.ca/notice/59951037
--
Cyrille Berger Skott