[kde-promo] Re: Calligra announcement

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Tue Dec 7 17:20:34 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 07 December 2010, Vivek Prakash wrote:
> In terms of branding, I wonder if we (kde-promo) should suggest (repeat?)
> the idea of using the "powered by KDE"-type logos on project websites.
Yup, we are thinking the same for Calligra (to be used for instance by
Nokia/Meego)

> To make myself clear: I think most projects, including Calligra, are very
> clear and enthusiastic about being a part of KDE.  However, a visual
> reminder (like the logos at http://www.kde.com/stuff/clipart.php) could be
> useful for individuals not familiar with the project or KDE (ITWorld
> author) as well as members of the community who aren't following the
> issues closely (http://blog.froglogic.com/2010/12/k-bad/).
I guess part of the confusion is that the front page of calligra-suite.org
does not mention KDE. I must mention that it is not a purpose, but rather that
this page still needs a bit of work (and of thinking), and that it should,
indeed, include in a future revision a mention of KDE.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott