[kde-promo] Re: Calligra announcement

Vivek Prakash vivek.ap at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:59:44 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:27 AM, Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 December 2010 09:13:31 Stuart Jarvis wrote:
> > In fact ITworld has a sensationalist and inaccurate story on it already
> > that I'm about to comment on:
> > http://www.itworld.com/open-source/129859/the-end-koffice-the-end-kde
> Ah, reading the comments I see Oriol and Gerlos (don't know if the second
> is
> subscribed here) had already made a few corrections. Thanks guys :-)
> Stu

Stu, Oriol, and Gerlos, and others: Excellent job with the quick comments
and responses.

In terms of branding, I wonder if we (kde-promo) should suggest (repeat?)
the idea of using the "powered by KDE"-type logos on project websites.

To make myself clear: I think most projects, including Calligra, are very
clear and enthusiastic about being a part of KDE.  However, a visual
reminder (like the logos at http://www.kde.com/stuff/clipart.php) could be
useful for individuals not familiar with the project or KDE (ITWorld author)
as well as members of the community who aren't following the issues closely

I'm copying this message to the Calligra developers - I hope that's the
right place to send this message.