All you need to know to start using git on monday

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Dec 6 09:20:25 GMT 2010

On Saturday 04 December 2010, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Add the following text to your ~/.gitconfig:
>
> [url "git://anongit.kde.org/"]
>      insteadOf = kde://
> [url "ssh://git@git.kde.org/"]
>      pushInsteadOf = kde://
>
> Get the code: "git clone kde://calligra"
> Local commit: "git commit -a" (or "git commit [file]")
> Share your changes: "git push"
> Get others changes: "git pull" (it is better to not have any uncommited
> changes in your local repo when running this command)
>
> And I think you are good for monday. On a side node, git has a move command,
> but no copy, because it is capable of detecting when code is copied
> automatically.

For now, checking out from anongit is broken, so

[color]
    ui = true
[url "ssh://git@git.kde.org/"]
     insteadOf = kde://
[url "ssh://git@git.kde.org/"]
     pushInsteadOf = kde:

is better

also, if you have remove branches with commits you don't want to push yet when you push stuff you did in the current branch, use something like

git push origin master

because git push pushes everything.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org