coordinating the message

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sat Dec 4 20:33:57 GMT 2010

On 4 December 2010 16:36, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> I'm going to have to publish something on krita.org about the move to git and the name change. In order to avoid sending out conflicting messages, I want to show my text for your consideration so I can align it with the calligra announcement:
>
> ------------------
> Moving to Git!

[..]

Very nice article.

Only minor but more general note I planned to share with you:
How about having the following habit: explaining in the first sentence
what the intended audience is, e.g. that the article is for developers
only and the changes indicated affects only developers and
development, not the usage.
I am dreaming that we put such information always in any Calligra
article. Using tags is not enough (if articles are not split to
separate sections) since users typically do not read them; if they do,
not for the purpose we have in mind.

As an extension, I am thinking about publishing developer articles in
developer section, and user articles (without any technical buzzwords)
in 'user' section. This applies mostly to calligra-suite.org but
starting with my own department, I'll try to go this way on
kexi-project.org...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek