build page update

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Dec 3 09:20:07 GMT 2010

Hi, I changed the getting the source code to something like this:

--------------

=== Get the source code for the development version ===

{{Warning|You cannot convert your KOffice SVN checkout to a Calligra git checkout. You will need to get the Calligra source code using git and manually apply your changes again.}}

The latest development version of Calligra is '''{{Unstable}}'''; developers always refer to it as to '''Master'''. Once tested and released, it will become the new current stable version {{UnstableBranch}}.

XXX: Here we should explain local branches, staging and always-release-ready Master, if we have that setup. XXX

*'''Option 1: directly from git'''

To retrieve the source code from Git you have to use the following setup:

Add the following text to your ~/.gitconfig:

 [url "git://anongit.kde.org/"]
     insteadOf = kde://
 [url "ssh://git@git.kde.org/"]
     pushInsteadOf = kde://

Then execute

$ git clone kde://calligra

By using the kde:// prefix, read access will automatically happen over Git, and authenticated SSH is only required for pushes.

Note that pushing your changes will only work if you have a KDE developer identity (https://identity.kde.org/register.php).

The $HOME/kde4/src/calligra directory will be created regardless of the way how the source code has been downloaded.

*'''Option 2: download a repository tarball'''

Go to https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/calligra. Press the "Tarball" button. Copy the url text and paste it on your command line. It will look like:

 wget -c http://anongit1.kde.org/calligra/calligra-latest.tar.gz

Unpack and cd into directory, then run

 $./initrepo.sh

From now on, you can run

 $git pull

to update, or

 $ git rebase origin/master

if you have local changes

*'''Option 3: if beta or rc version was released''', the source code for the latest beta can be found on KDE's ftp [ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/calligra-latest/ calligra-latest]. Uncompress the code so that $HOME/kde4/src/calligra is created.

*'''Option 4: Daily source code snapshots''' can be found at ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/snapshots/calligra-svn.tar.bz2, and once installed it can be updated using Subversion command "svn update". Uncompress the code so that $HOME/kde4/src/calligra is created.

{{Note|There is no guarantee that the content of the snapshot can be build successfully}}

Any comments?
Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse