Severely Old Bugs

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Dec 19 18:14:51 GMT 2020

Hi Justin,

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 02:18, Justin Zobel <justin.zobel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I'm new to Bug triaging however I have made strides to reduce the old
> bugs that fill the bug tracker.
>
> There are 3,604 bugs that haven't been changed in 5 years
> (https://bit.ly/3rcNuyU). Most of these bugs would all be on old
> unmaintained versions of the software.
>
> I feel that asking users to confirm if these bugs still existed by doing
> a mass bug change would be beneficial to cleaning up the tracker of bugs
> that aren't likely even relevant.
>
> I don't think so, this should be decided by the maintainers of the
products before sending out any automated mails. Sending out mass mails for
old bugs is not something I would consider beneficial...

As far as I am concerned:

you don't need to touch the bugs regarding Amarok, I am handling those, so
please, do not send any more questions out to those.
We are currently preparing a newer version and I will close or transfer
bugs to other versions once this is done, sending out automated questions
would not be helpful at this point.

As for the other projects with these old bugs: please ask the individual
maintainers for this, unless these are definitely unmaintained projects,
then we need to decide whether those can be closed without further notice.

Regards, Myriam

--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community: