[Bugsquad] Re: KWin BugDay

Javier Llorente javier at opensuse.org
Mon Sep 27 01:32:51 CEST 2010

On Miércoles, 22 de Septiembre de 2010 18:49:46 Michael Leupold escribió:
> Javier Llorente wrote:
> > I am not an expert but I can help writing the announcement (well it's 99%
> > done), making a bug squash report and of course squashing some bugs ;-)
>
> Almost forgot about answering to this part:
> Great! If you need anyone to read through the announcement, just contact me
> with details. Also if you'd like to double check, Martin (mgraesslin)
> should be around on IRC most of the time so he can make sure the facts are
> straight. Hitting the dot this weekend or the week after would be awesome,
> so we'd still have time to have little reminder follow-up blogposts.
>
> Given the buzz around KWin regarding driver-/stack-bugs this might make a
> good impression and indeed give BugSquad the publicity needed as well. Now
> let's all pray the Live images turn out good :-)

Here's the first draft :-)

KWin Bug Day (date)
Due to the latest influx of bugs it's getting harder and harder for Martin
Grässlin to keep up. Let's help him out by squashing some bugs!

You don't need to have any special skills. The most important thing is that
you’re interested in helping us to clean the bug list so developers can focus
on fixing the bugs!

The BugDay consist of 3 goals:
- Check for old KWin bugs reproducability (KDE3 and early KDE4)
- Check recent and UNCONFIRMED bugs, reproduce, check for duplicates
and figure out step-by-step instructions (as well as special circumstances
like graphic card drivers)
- Flag bugs so they can easily be sorted into components. This is
especially necessary for new features like tiling or window tabbing
which don't have components yet.

<some urls with more info on bug squashing; kde wiki, bugzilla, ...>

So let's make KWin a bit better!
Join us in the  #kde-bugs IRC channel on Freenode.

Cheers,
--
Javier Llorente