[Bugsquad] KWin BugDay

Javier Llorente javier at opensuse.org
Tue Sep 21 01:20:27 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

On Sábado, 18 de Septiembre de 2010 14:01:12 Michael Leupold escribió:
> Hi everyone,
>
> at our sprint in Stuttgart, Martin Grässlin asked me if we would be
> interested in doing a KWin BugDay. His main reason is that with the
> latest influx of bugs it's getting harder and harder for him to keep
> up.
>
> I'd really like to do this BugDay, but as I stated in my last mail,
> I'm really in need of help, especially regarding good marketing and
> providing help to new triagers. The date I have in mind is currently
> Sunday, 3rd of October, the Sunday after would be fine as well.
>

> Now on to some details:
>
> The BugDay would consist of 3 goals:
> - Check for old KWin bugs reproducability (KDE3 and early KDE4)
> - Check recent and UNCONFIRMED bugs, reproduce, check for duplicates
> and figure out step-by-step instructions (as well as special
> circumstances like graphic card drivers)
> - Flag bugs so they can easily be sorted into components. This is
> especially necessary for new features like tiling or window tabbing
> which don't have components yet.
>
> I've also been thinking about providing a LiveDVD so people
> (non-developers) don't have to learn how to build trunk first. It's
> currently up on SUSEStudio containing much of KDE and debug packages.
> The main problem will probably be allowing the user to install
> additional drivers (eg. NVIDIA) while the system is running, I have no
> clue if this can be handled yet. If anyone is interested in getting
> this running, please contact me on IRC so we can figure out how to
> share the SUSEStudio appliance.

I am not an expert but I can help writing the announcement (well it's 99%
done), making a bug squash report and of course squashing some bugs ;-)
Regarding the Live DVD, I suggest you making three versions: free (Intel and
others), ATI and NVIDIA. I could build them and host them. BTW, an easy way
to share a SUSE Studio appliance is by publishing it in the "SUSE Gallery."

Cheers,
--
Javier Llorente