[Bugsquad] Triaging KDE-PIM in KDE 4.5

Alejandro Exojo suy at kurly.org
Sat May 8 18:43:54 CEST 2010

El Sábado, 8 de Mayo de 2010, Dotan Cohen escribió:
> On 8 May 2010 18:18, Alejandro Exojo <alex at disperso.net> wrote:
> > El Sábado, 8 de Mayo de 2010, Dotan Cohen escribió:
> >> What is the easiest way to get my hands on KDE-PIM 4.5 to triage bugs?
> >> Must I build all of KDE from source or is there an easier way?
> >
> > Unless kdepim 4.5 only needs kdelibs 4.4 and kdepimlibs 4.4 (which I
> > doubt, especially for the latter), you will need to build that prior to
> > building kdepim. Unfortunately, is common that a non-released KDE module
> > also depends on other non-released versions of other frameworks (strigi,
> > nepomuk, etc.).
> >
> > If you are lucky, it might be possible that your distribution has
> > packages for that infrastructure software at the same time that a beta or
> > RC is tagged. I usually have a hard time finding which specific version
> > of what is needed for version X.Y, though. The easiest way is try it, and
> > look at the errors that cmake reports.
>
> Thanks. Where do I download it from? Neither kontact.org nor
> pim.kde.org have download links.

Right now, the only possible way I think it's SVN. When some beta or RC
release are tagged, tarballs will be available. I think that SVN is better,
though, because you can incrementally update and recompile, and also because
if you want to triage some specific change, a developer might want to tell
you "'svn up' and recompile to test".

There are some guides on http://techbase.kde.org, but I personally don't like
them much. I posted the recipe that I follow on debian-kde:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2010/03/msg00197.html

I always say that I have to write down a proper guide and propose to put it on
techbase so I can stop complaining about the situation, but I've always end
up procrastinating. :-(

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2