[Bugsquad] (attachment) Implementation of online bugzilla product mapping for DrKonqi

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:19:28 CET 2009

According to the developers, the server that host bugzilla is capable
of interpreting PHP.
I made a simple PHP script that will allow us to implement the current
feature of DrKonqi  (binary name <-> bugzilla product&component
mapping) on the remote server. This allow us to change the mappings at
every moment without relying on the local mappings file being
distributed and updated every KDE release.

It should work but it could also be improved (and extended to add more
capabilities)
@Matt: could you test this on the bugzilla server (may be on bugs.k.o
or bugstest.k.o) ? I don't know in which path could it be, if it can't
be in the root path of the domain, a subfolder may be ok if it is
accessible so I can perform tests.

May be the mappings file could be stored in another place. In any
case, if this is allowed by you and kde admins, I will request karma
to modify the script and/or the mappings file.

... In fact it doesn't need to be in the bugzilla server/domain as it
doesn't interact with the bugzilla database at all (it may be on the
future to check for legal values...), but I thought that having those
script in the bugzilla server would make sense as only DrKonqi are
going to use them.

I attach both script and a simple mappings file (reduced version of
the current DrKonqi map)

Regards

Darío A.

PD: I used PHP because I know it more than CGI, but the script is
rather simple (only string parsing and arrays); may be it can be
simply ported to CGI if needed.
@George: I'm looking forward optimizations you can done in this script :D