[Bugsquad] Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:19:08 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:23 AM, FiNeX <finex at finex.org> wrote:
> In data martedì 10 novembre 2009 02:53:04, Darío Andrés ha scritto:
>> Another idea I got in order to reduce the noise to developers:
>> [...]
>
> I like the idea: usually when I have some time for triaging bugs I pick up the
> latest N bug reported and I read them all. Usually bugs reported from drkonqui
> are dups or "NEEDSINFO". Anyway they are mostly filled under the right
> product. Why not set a flag "automatically submitted" so developers can filter
> them out and triagers can filter them in?
>
> Something like "waiting for human check" ?

May be I start liking this idea. Creating the bug report under the
corresponding product but with a special status
NEEDSINFO/WAITINGFORAPPROVAL or a special keyword would allow:
- Developers will get notified about them, but they should be able to
ignore them if they like to. (just exclude such reports from your
query searches, and ignore your mails if they have "Reported using
DrKonqi")
- Reports will be under the right product from the start (I will look
forward implementing the online mapping feature)
- Open bug reports count will not increase until the triagers confirm
that they are valid issues (pre-filter system)
- Having a keyword or a special state makes searching for the
untriaged bugs a lot easier too.

+ Improving duplicate handling in DrKonqi itself

All the discussions about changing bugtracking system are a bit beyond
me so I won't suggest anything yet...
BTW, thanks to all for the feedback about the current system, it is
greatly appreciated and I will look forward improving the situation.

@FiNeX: this discussion comes from kde-core-devel, so be sure to send
your replies to that list too so everyone can see them.

Cheers
Darío A.