[Bugsquad] Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Tue Nov 10 12:02:20 CET 2009

Hi Dario,

first of all thank you for all the work you put in the bugsquad, you
are doing great!

2009/11/10 Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra at gmail.com>:
> Another idea I got in order to reduce the noise to developers:
>
> DrKonqi automatic reports should be filled under a (new) bugzilla
> product named "unassigned" (or something like that), with a null mail
> address (or may be a ML of bug triagers....) and with a special state
> (it may be NEEDSINFO/WAITINGFORAPPROVAL, or something like that).

while I love this idea, it needs something essential we do no
necessarily have: a huge team of triagers. If this can be solved, then
I would say go for it.

But I still think that we need to get used to the fact that, if our
user base grows, we will face more reports, and more duplicates and
more of everything. So I still worry if Bugzilla is up to the task.
Mind you, I am not a developer and only do triaging in two projects I
have a little idea of, but I think, while the KDE Bugzilla folks have
done a great work, we should check if we can't find something better
which allows a more "agile" style of ticket handling. Different
projects have different needs, and I am not sure if this can be done
with Bugzilla on the long run.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org