[Bugsquad] finding the unloved Pt. 2

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Jul 15 23:40:07 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 23:24, John Layt<johnlayt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lydia,
>
> As you know kdeprint was removed in KDE4, and the former maintainers are no
> longer active developers.  If there are any 'orphan' e-mail addresses for
> kdeprint related stuff, you can send them all to the old kde-print-
> devel at kde.org mailing list which I monitor.

Ok so far I think I didn't have any. I'll keep an eye on it.

> The kdeprint product and its components kdeprint, kdeprintfax, and kjobviewer
> need to be closed for new bugs.  At the moment, I'm assigning all KDE4 print
> dialog related bugs to kdelibs/qt for investigation before sending them
> upstream, but I wonder if we need a simple kdelibs/print-dialog component so
> it's easy for people to find?

Makes sense to me. Can someone from bugsquad please create this for John?

> Finally, a lot of the Localisation related stuff used to be maintained by Hans
> Petter Bieker <bieker at kde.org>, but I don't think he's been active for a long
> time.  I've slowly been taking over a number of his bugs for the stuff I work
> on (KCalendarSystem, bits of KLocale, etc), if there's any products or
> components he's default for and gives up/doesn't respond I'd consider taking
> them on.

Thanks. He didn't answer my survey mail yet and it didn't bounce
either. If he decides to give them up they'll show up on my final
list. Please poke me in case I forget to give those to you.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher