[Bugsquad] KOfficeDay1, triage+krush this sunday

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Wed Oct 22 21:50:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

we'll be having our first KOfficeDay this sunday. As (hopefully) agreed upon
we'll be doing some triaging as well as some krushing (due to the low number
of bugs).

We'll be triaging (checking old bugs for):
- kword, ~40 bugs from the last 4-5 months
- krita, ~66 bugs
- general koffice, ~40 bugs

We'll could be krushing (finding new bugs for) pretty much everything (beta2
is out). So far I count requests from:
- kchart
- karbon
- kpresenter
- kspread (proposed by Inge. depends on koffice developers are willing to
spend time on getting it ready for the release)

(Sorry if I missed your application, please bug me if I did. You can still
opt-in for the triage and the krush)

If you're a koffice developer and have time to spare on sunday it would be
nice if you joined in to answer question and maybe even start fixing some bugs
found (in fact seeing things moving is a big motivational factor for the
bugsquad).

As the bugsquad is currently trying to gather new people helping we'd like to
do some marketing regarding KOfficeDay1. I'm thinking of the following:
- Inge said he'd do a dot story about beta2. It would be nice to include one
line about the bugday there.
- one koffice developers blogging about the beta2 release with focus on the
bugday to make it even better/ready for release (takers?) - this is very
helpful because from my experience well-known developers' blogs seem to have a
bigger impact than bugsquadders blogging :)
- me trying to explain what a krush is and blogging about some of the bugday's
details

We'll be starting the bugday at around 07:00 UTC (be aware that summer time
ends in various European countries on the 26th). As always we'll be gathering
in #kde-bugs. I'll setup the techbase pages for the bugday tomorrow and ask
you to review the instructions to make them fit your use of bugzilla.

Let's hope this bugday gets a success!

Regards,
Michael