[Bugsquad] bugsquad-triage stats

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Sat Nov 29 15:18:47 CET 2008

Hi,

On Saturday 29 November 2008 13:43:16 Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> Actually, there are 46 KMail bugs assigned to bugsquad-triage.
>
> - 5 wishes,
> - 22 normal bugs,
> - 19 crash reports,
> - The oldest one is https://bugs.kde.org/173428 (2008/10/24).
>
> With the 4.2 beta releases coming up, we cannot afford to have so many bugs
> blocked.
>
> Here are a few ideas :
>
> - Automatically reassign the wish reports (unless they were already
> reported), - Reassign the bugs after a defined period. (7 ? 10 days after
> the last comment ?)
>
> Suggestions ? ideas ?

I think the best is to reassign the bugs after a defined period if the
bugsquad team can't keep up with the backlog. I probably can't keep up with it
either then, but maybe I'll spot some important bug along the way more easily
if they are reassigned. If it is possible, I would prefer if bugs that are
awaiting feedback from the reporter (for example because the backtrace was
totally unusable or because the description was unclear) can be kept longer
before reassigning then.

About the wishes: In my experience, 80% of those are duplicates. There have
been so many wishlist reports that now every crazy idea has a bug report for
it somewhere. at least for KMail :)

And finally, thanks to all of you, you have been doing great work and made my
live as a developer easier. It's only a bit sad that I can't deal with the
bugs that do come through properly, as I barley have time to fix them. Too
many bugs for too few developers. But still, your team is doing very useful
and important work.

Regards,
Thomas