[Bugsquad] KOfficeDay1, triage+krush this sunday

A. Spehr zahl+kde at transbay.net
Sat Nov 1 09:36:20 CET 2008

> I signed on late morning +/-10:30 MST (-7:00) and I thought that I was
> just being ignored, but considering the time difference, it would appear
> that everyone was already finished.

Well, if nobody says anything, there isn't much reason to say anything, is
there? ;)

Are you sure it wasn't just a lull?

> So, I guess that my question is: how can people in the USA participate?
>   That is, without getting up really early. :-)

Well, in my world, getting up at 9:30 (i'm in pacific) on a weekend /is/
"really early". I don't remember when I actually started being active on
channel Sunday morning, but I doubt it was very early. I was around till fairly
late, but I don't recall anyone saying much.

> I did find two serious regressions.  Filed a report on one and it
> appears that triage of the other one had already downgraded it to only a
> wish list item.  I guess I don't get it.  Things that seriously
> interfere with using an application should be given high priority, not
> downgraded in importance due to bureaucratic reasons.  Perhaps it is
> just that I think that fixing bugs is more important than adding
> features.  Perhaps this odd attitude is the result of studying computer
> programming in engineering college and having my work graded.

This isn't something to argue with the developers on. And you had one of them
tell you it was on his to do list, and it didn't sound like it was low
priority. He thought it was a feature to add, which puts it to wishlist. And
so he put it there.

BugSquad isn't going to go against developers here, so if you want to complain,
you should be complaining to the koffice people. But I thought it was explained
quite well on channel.

I see some irc backlog discussing triage plans tommorrow, so it looks like
there will be some people around in case anyone wants company.

Alex