[Bugsquad] Next bugday

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 14:19:09 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/11 Jaime <jtamate at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The people of koffice are "inviting" us to do a koffice krush day:
>>
>> http://cyrilleberger.blogspot.com/2008/12/koffice-20-beta-4-still-time-to-come.html
>>

> I think that a KOrganizer bugday is much more important. Currently,
> the application is pretty much unusable, especially in the management
> of recurring events. There are at least five or six bugs open
> regarding recurring events and I have three or four more to file once
> I can confirm that they are not related to what is already filed.
>
> Korganizer might be fine for home use as it stands, but for businesses
> which must handle recurring events the application is useless.

I agree that KOrganizer is one of the apps needing work, but I don't
really think its the most effective use of time for a bug day. Its
important to bear in mind that if we do bug finding in an application,
we need developers who will fix those bugs to be willing and have
time. I'd imagine that th KOrganizer dev(s) don't need us to find any
more bugs since they have more than enough to fix as it is. KOffice on
the other hand is in a better state, and the developers are asking for
more bug reports to fix, so our work on KOffice is likely to actually
have a useful outcome, with some of the bugs found getting fixed in
time for the next release.

so +1 KOffice here.

--
George