[Bugsquad] Mailinglist and website

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Wed Aug 20 10:05:21 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I just requested that our mailinglist should be put up on
www.kde.org/mailinglists.

Apart from that I don't know if George told you about our plans for a bugsquad
website yet but that's something we talked about at akademy. I just asked the
sysadmins to create bugsquad.kde.org.

What should it be used for?
- some exposure
- establish an "identity" within the KDE community
- managing bugsquad (eg. schedule)
- a home for some basic explanations what bugsquad is and what we do, maybe
also a home for "permanent" documentation and certainly a page linking to all
the stuff on techbase.

One thing I'm not quite sure about is making a list of people in bugsquad.
First of all making such a list would make it seem harder to get into bugsquad
(whereas we surely appreciate everyone joining IRC and helping a little).
Second there are certainly some "core" members who're staying around quite
some time but there's also quite some fluctuation and I would neither want to
publish just the core members nor change the site frequently.

If you have any ideas or want to help with writing text for the site, feel
free to do so. For a start I requested George, Alex and me to be the
webmasters (Alex will have to get an svn account before though :)).

Regards,
Michael