[Appeal] Appeal & Tango: Care to Dance?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 04:16:37 CEST 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 10:56, Steven Garrity wrote:
> Project [1]. The goals of the Tango project seem to line up pretty
> closely with the goals of the Appeal project.

yes and no. projects within the Appeal umbrella have correlations with what
you folks are doing in Tango, but Appeal itself is a different animal.

> There is also more to Tango (as with Appeal) than an icon theme. We'd
> like to work on generally making the free/open-source desktop more
> beautiful and enjoyable to use.

to be perfectly honest, given what you've just said, i am very suprised that
this is the first time KDE has been contacted about it. i'm glad to see you
are reaching out to our project now; we ought to get better at such things as
it creates needless wastes of energy when we go charging off on "cooperative"
ventures on our own, don't you think?

> Something that might be a quick/easy win for all of us is the Icon
> Naming Specification [2] at Freedesktop.org.

yes, this makes the most sense IMHO and can be done 100% via FD.o. it would
make most sense to also get our developers to look it over as they might have
some insights to offer. the Appeal list is likely not the only (or most
approriate?) list for this particular discussion, to be honest.

--
Aaron J. Seigo