[Appeal] tag-based desktop

Rainer Klein rklein at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 10 02:13:00 CEST 2005

Hello Kai,

I like your ideas very much and want to second them. What you are asking for
has been pretty much implemented by the KimDaBa for photo management and
comes down to the following ideas:

	- Files are not identified by a file name
	- and not organized by a folder/directory hierarchy

instead filed have a free number of associated categories/classes allowing a a
flexible searching, sorting and grouping.

This comes down very much to object relational linking and indexing.

From the user perspective, multiple path ways to assign such categories or
annotation should be available, such as:

	Drag & Drop
	Property/Tag  Editing
	Group assignments

And for text/document files, automatic text indexing should allow easy
searching / filtering for any given words.

With regards,

Rainer Klein