Amarok starts with sound level 0%

Tuomas Nurmi tuomas at norsumanageri.org
Mon May 27 18:44:47 BST 2024

Ok, the steps are

First, getting build dependencies: the required package names depend a bit
on distribution, but I think running

sudo zypper si -d amarok

should do the trick on openSUSE

Then getting the related merge request's source code:

git clone https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/amarok.git
cd amarok
git fetch "git at invent.kde.org:nurmi/amarok.git" 'masterVolumeFix'
git checkout -b 'amarok-masterVolumeFix' FETCH_HEAD

then, the actual build, similarly to
https://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Compiling :
mkdir amarok-build
cd amarok-build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kf5-config --prefix`
make
sudo make install

After that, the installed version should be the one that includes a fix to this issue

Tuomas