Amarok and last.fm scrobbling problem

Tuomas Nurmi tuomas at norsumanageri.org
Tue Jul 30 20:14:03 BST 2024

Hi Martin

That's unfortunate to hear. I had no problems with scrobbles during the re-work
of the last.fm plugin connection mechanism, and neither haven't had after that
(I'm on Tumbleweed, too). I think I didn't use the old and the new mechanism
simultaneously, though, so I guess it is not totally impossible that having two
different kind of Amarok connections would confuse Last.fm somehow, albeit I don't
think that's very likely.

Can you try running `amarok --debug-with-lastfm` and seeing what kind of last.fm
I think the relevant ones are ones with tags [lastfm] or <lfm, or any warnings with
"last.fm error"

e.g. on change of track, I get
amarok: [lastfm] nowPlaying:
which is followed by a last.fm response that starts with
<lfm status=\"ok\">\n    <nowplaying>

and after a track finishes, I get a
[lastfm] scrobble:

(please note that due to a bug in liblastfm, running `amarok --debug` breaks everything;
one indeed has to use --debug-with-lastfm to keep last.fm connection intact)

Best regards
Tuomas