Nightly package builds for Debian 11 (Bullseye) and Debian Sid

Jakob Meng jakobmeng at web.de
Tue Dec 14 09:48:12 GMT 2021

Hi all,

for anyone who wants to try out the latest development version of Amarok
on Debian 11 (Bullseye) or Debian Sid, you may use these unofficial and
experimental apt repositories [1]. Packages are rebuilt every night from
the upstream master branch [2] with Gitlab CI [3].

For that, I forked Amarok on GitHub [10] and do mirror it to Gitlab [4] for
CI. There you will also find a script [5] which helps building the Amarok
package manually if you do not want to use a third-party apt repository.

On Ubuntu, one can use the apt repositories of Pedro de Carvalho Gomes [12]
or Joseph Yasi [6]. Compared to Joseph's and previous official packages
from Debian, I did not break down Amarok into several packages [7]. My apt
repositories provide a single package named "amarok" which contains
everything from upstream.

Package dependencies have been updated to the latest CMakeLists.txt [8] from
upstream. Nightly rebuilds will fail when this file changes, so I will be
notified automatically by Gitlab CI and will (hopefully be able to) update
package dependencies.

The Gitlab CI pipeline [3] is based on Debian's Salsa CI pipeline [9]
and can
be reused to build and publish other packages to Gitlab Pages as well.

In future, GitLab Pages could be replaced with GitLab's native apt
repositories once this feature is generally available [11].

Best,
Jakob

[1] https://jakobmeng.gitlab.io/debian-package-amarok/
[2] https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/amarok.git