building amarok

Robert Marshall robert at capuchin.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 15:57:53 BST 2020

I'm attempting to build amarok from source using Pedro's version from
github https://github.com/pcgomes/amarok

Am having (so far ;) )  issues

Initially I was using mysql.h from libmysqlclient-dev
then realised - guessing from a missing #define that I needed the
mariadb version I installed libmariadb-dev but now I'm getting

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146 (message):
  Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MYSQL_LIBRARIES MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR)

so with mysql it could find the sql libraries but now it still appears
to be looking for them? A pointer to what I'm not seeing would be appreciated!

Robert
--
Robert Marshall               twitter: @rajm