Amarok 2.9.70 - no more lyrics

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Sep 2 11:34:44 BST 2019

Hi Sylvain,

you should ask the Tumbleweed devs to give a warning, as Amarok version
2.9.70 has nothing to do with Amarok 2.9.0, it is the yet not officially
released Qt 5 port of the previous versions, and the context view and its
applets have not been ported yet.

They should warn that they have removed the Qt 4 based version and tell
users that they current 2.9.70 is pre-beta and not stable.

Regards, Myriam

On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 at 23:08, Sylvain Baril <sylvainbaril61 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm on Opensuse tumbleweed and since the last Amarok update (2 days ago),
> I don't have lyrics anymore even if I activated the Lyrics applets. I'm now
> running on Amarok 2.9.70.
>
> I don't understand since lyrics used to work pretty fine for years in all
> previous versions of Amarok.
>
> Any clue would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
>
> *** Powered by Linux ***

Protect your freedom and​ support the work of​ ​​the​ FSFE:
http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org/>