building latest git on debian buster - done

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fri Aug 23 13:20:16 BST 2019

On 8/23/19 2:11 PM, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 11:48, Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
> <mailto:l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at>> wrote:
>
>     On 8/22/19 12:52 PM, Lars Schimmer wrote:
>     > Hi!
>     >
>     > As amarok was removed from debian archives due to missing qt5
>     support, I
>     > try to built amarok for myself on debian buster (to bad I could not
>     > fetch all source deps from the amarok 2.9 package built against qt4)
>
>     Ok, I did built amarok git 22.08.2019 on debian buster.
>     It starts, it shows my collection, it shows my playlist and it plays
>     music as expected.
>     So far job done (as a start).
>
> Good
>

>     (no wiki, no lyrics, but hey, it plays music).
>
> Well yes, but I explained this in my first post, didn't I?

Yeah, expected this.Do miss lyrics a bit, but better this way than no music.

>     One note: it runs only from the directory it was built within.
>     Even after a make install (which ruins the instlled debian package,
>     although I did issue a -DDBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR=/home/user option)
>     it runs only from withing the build/bin directory.
>

> Just a guess, but maybe because you did not build it to a system-wide
> accessible directory, like /opt for example. /home is restricted for
> obvious reasons :-)

Build in /usr/src with options -DDBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR=/home/user

But your tip did gave me a solution:
only the org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.root.xml and other .xml files did
got into the /home/user directory (I expected all to be in home after
make install, instead it was installed in the usual system places and
overwriting the debian package amarok...).
Chmod the *.xml in home and amarok runs from menu.

So, slow progress and a somewhat usefull music player on buster.
Lets for a miracle and someone does the other missing stuff.

> Regards, Myriam
>

> --
> Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community
> Protect your freedom andsupport the work ofthe FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org <http://www.fsfe.org/>
> <http://www.fsfe.org/>
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723